Saturday, May 2, 2009

Stress is something to let go of, too

I'd hoped that this spring season would find me happily detoxing away. I made a good start nutritionally, and I did the one dramatic foot soak. But I haven't gotten much beyond that.

We have been planning to move but had to do some unexpected negotiation after the home we want to buy got a lower appraisal than anyone expected, which put us in decision-limbo for a few days. Then we decided to move forward but still have had to prep our house to sell, which we're trying to do by ourselves to save money (and because it's been done successfully in our neighborhood several times). My husband has been between consulting gigs, so it seemed like we ought to do as much ourselves as possible since neither of us was really earning any money, and we will still be writing a huge check for the new home in a few weeks, employment or no.

But we're finding that this FSBO business takes a lot of time and requires a lot of decisions -- not as many as an addition would have, but still. I have enjoyed doing some of it -- taking the photos, prepping the house. But there are so many questions and so much unknown, I'm getting to an I-can't-take-it place. I am healthy when I take care of myself, and I'm not when I don't. Add to that the money concerns that have totally tabled any extra detox and body wellness protocols I'd hoped to do this spring. If LJ's expected new job starts up on Wednesday as we hope it will, I'm picking up the phone to get some appointments scheduled. Because I have to admit I need help to really be in the healthy zone -- and if I get too far out of that zone, it will not look pretty. I can feel my thyroid reminding me that it didn't heal on its own; it had a lot of help from my positive thinking and all the advice I got. The idea of trying for another child is, as far as I'm concerned, completely off the table until my body is not a walking stress-bomb.

And if tomorrow's open house comes and goes with no serious interest logged by the time LJ goes back to work, I think we are going to have to hire an agent or the money we save by eventually selling on our own is going to by out-paced by my medical bills.

No comments: