Friday, May 16, 2008

Flower essences and trauma

I've been taking a class recently on using flower essences with infants and children. I'll go further into my experience with them in the past once I merge it in my head with the more detailed info I'm learning.

For now, I want to highlight Emergency Trauma Solution by Perelandra (available online only). I've given this to my son and taken it myself when we've had a few scares - one when we worried he might have ingested some Visine and another when he tumbled a bit down the hill in our backyard. The idea is that the solution can help stabilize you -- your electrical field and all that is affected by that -- after a trauma of any kind - physical, emotional, mental. It can help speed healing on all levels. I have a lot to learn about this modality, but so far I feel like ETS has, in fact, kept me from leaping to an anxious space, which I normally would have then inhabited for a very long time.

Some people also use Rescue Remedy for this kind of gentle balancing in the face of fear or trauma. A Bach flower remedy, Rescue Remedy is a mixture of five flower essences and can be found at most health food stores, the Vitamin Shoppe, and places like Whole Foods Market. It's in a small brown bottle and costs somewhere $5-12 depending on where you are and how big the bottle is. There are also sprays and creams of Rescue Remedy and 38 individual essences if you want to address specific emotional issues. Essences can safely be used on anyone, even pets!

For babies, one drop on the crown of the head or wrists will do. Toddlers and children can be given a drop or two orally if they'll cooperate. You can also put a drop in the palm of your non-dominant hand, focus, and "send" it to the person who needs it if he or she is not with you -- kind of like ordering a grande prayer with an extra shot.

No comments: