Friday, November 27, 2009

GFCF rolls with hazelnut flour


I wanted to share a photo of the GFCF rolls I made for Thanksgiving this year and an update on the recipe. The bulk of the flour this time was Hazelnut flour from Bob's Red Mill with some sorghum, rice, and tapioca. Also, I got away with using hardly any sugar and a little more molasses (along with a little more flour) than in my original recipe, which, I believe should be in the new Holistic Moms Network cookbook (I haven't seen a copy yet).

Ideally I would soak and dry my own organic nuts (or use nuts from Wilderness Family Naturals) and then grind those for my flour since Bob's nut flour is not organic. But at least the rolls don't send anyone's blood sugar through the roof!

1 comment:

neameyer_access said...

GFCF rolls surely deliciously made by you! it's a month watering food.. How i wish i could make 1 like this by your assistance soon! More Power and may you keep sharing your good skill in such way..