Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What I eat


For a long time, I've been eating a lot of calories. A typical breakfast would be sausage, one or two eggs (mostly just the yolk), raw/cultured sauerkraut, sprouts (usually pea, lentil or azuki bean -- not alfalfa), sauteed zucchini and some kind of green vegetable cooked in homemade chicken stock. Kombucha and supplements on the side. If I was still hungry after that, I'd have some coconut milk and nuts and/or berries.

But once I was done nursing, I really didn't need to do that. And I wanted to cleanse my liver, plus lose a little extra in the belly. I can't afford to lose much weight, but I wouldn't mind toning. I'm sure going to bed earlier and doing more yoga & meditation to help with stress would also help with the belly pooch. No longer keeping the house ready to sell helps a lot, but I will be most happy when we've closed and have moved into the new place.

I'm now juicing every morning with a real juicer, not just the Vita-Mix (and I'm finally composting everything else again, as evidenced by my son's grape vines). I'm also spending a few days without meat or eggs. The hope is that my body will let go of some toxins and of the idea that I have to eat 2,000 calories at every meal.

I am trying to keep a low profile on fruits since I don't tolerate sugar well. But now we actually have blueberries and black raspberries growing in our yard, and the farmer's market has pesticide-free strawberries.

No comments: