Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Giving up the Goat

I really hoped we could tolerate some goat cheese, my son and I. We bought some of the same kind we were eating a year ago until the chiropractic neurologist muscle-tested us and said "Absolutely not," literally tossing the morsel I'd brought aside. "I just adjusted him!" she exclaimed, as though eating something his body couldn't handle would mess with all that energy work.

Well, he did turn around after that first visit last October -- stopped biting, transitioned better to me separating from him, and just generally seemed to feel more comfortable in his own skin. I was adjusted on many levels that day, and I went from weepy to dealing pretty well with life. So I think she was onto something.

But I figured now that I'd cleared some other issues, maybe it was worth a try again. My sister was bringing her daughters to town, one of whom doesn't eat gluten, and I thought it was a good time to try a GF pizza crust. (I'll post a link when I get to confirm the brand. It was good, but tough for those of us sensitive to yeast!)

I told E, "We're going to try this cheese and see if we like it, if it makes our bodies feel good." The next day he remembered and went looking for it in the fridge. He loved it. He told my visiting sister with gleaming eyes, "I ate cheeeese!" (I think it might be this Shiloh Farms Raw Goat Cheddar, but I'll have to check next time I'm at the store.)

I loved it, too. It was creamy and rich. I'd missed that texture and taste. There weren't any obvious stomach problems right away, but I just think it made both of us kind of off. E got a runny nose for the first time in I don't know how long. It didn't last but for two days, perhaps in part because I took Thieves oil from Young Living (and he's still nursing) and gave us both the Respiratory, Immune and Lymphatic MBP solutions from Perelandra. But still, it was a runny nose, and his behavior seemed a little challenging.

My neck started to get very stiff. I used to feel like this all the time but just haven't seen I've been on an allergen-free diet and especially since last October when I saw that chiropractor.

I hope that maybe some day I will be able to tolerate raw milk, or at least raw goat milk, that I can try to culture myself into yogurt or kefir. Cheese, I'm told, isn't the best way to get raw dairy, which is believed by some to be so much better than pasteurized because it retains the active enzymes. See the Campaign for Real Milk from the Weston A Price Foundation.

I did enjoy a lovely (pasteurized) honey goat cheese that my friend gave me a few days later. I figured once I was trying one new thing and realizing it wasn't optimal, I might as well go all the way. I could stand to do more research on the subject and will share what I learn when I do.

Now that both cheeses are gone, I'm not planning to buy any more. E did not ask again for the cheese after we had the pizza. I was surprised because he's usually pretty relentless about remembering stuff that he likes and wants. Maybe he knows it's just not right for us right now.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Good post….thanks for sharing.. very useful for me i will bookmark this for my future needed.
SEO Services

Anonymous said...

great ..this is really appreciable post and very useful information providpostinged in this post

Top Management Colleges in Pune

Snehal said...

It seems that you are maintaining a steady blogging pace. Well done! Looking for more updates from your end. Thanks a lot!
packers and movers

Snehal said...

Thanks for sharing... It really helped..

Flats and Bunglows in pune

Snehal said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
Indian classifieds

Snehal said...

I am quite interesting in this topic hope you will elaborate more on it in future posts.

India exporter

Indian exporters directory

Online Advertisement

Post Free Ads

supplier directory

Auto Classifieds

Snehal said...

Excellent post.I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work..

Car Hire Pune

Rent A car pune

Car Hire Pune

Airport pick and drop pune

Tours & Travels in pune

Air ticket agent in pune.

Top Tours and travels in pune

Tour Bus Facilitator in pune

Top travel agent in pune

Travel agent pune

Snehal said...

Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of presentation.
Apartments in pune

Snehal said...

I am quite interesting in this topic hope you will elaborate more on it in future posts.

Car Hire Pune

Rent A car pune

Car Hire Pune

Airport pick and drop pune

Tours & Travels in pune

Air ticket agent in pune.

Top Tours and travels in pune

Tour Bus Facilitator in pune

Top travel agent in pune

Travel agent pune

Snehal said...

This is a very fascinating post, I was looking for this information. Just so you know I found your webpage when I was searching for blogs like mine, so please check out my site sometime and leave me a comment to let me know what you think.

Apartments in pune

pournima said...

Thank you for including me in this fantastic topic........Thanks again and keep up the good job....I must agree, of all the techniques

Free Advertising
Free Classified Ads
Free Job Postings

arti said...

I completely agree with the above comment, the internet is with a doubt growing into the most important medium of communication across the globe and its due to sites like this that ideas are spreading so quickly.

anita said...

This is the best post on this topic i have ever read...
Packers and movers in pune
movers and packers in pune
best packers and movers in pune
packers and movers within india
packers and movers india

anita said...

Great insights. I loved to read your article. You must be putting a lot of time into your blog!
Flats in Hinjewadi
2BHK & 3BHK flats in Pune
Bunglows in pune
Builders in pune
Flats in pune
Apartments in Hinjewadi
Flats in Bavdhan